Convention Workshops and Continuing Education Requirements
The following are the ONLY topics that can qualify for CEU generating workshops:
~ Clinical Interventions (i.e., DBT, Play Therapy, etc)
~ Evidenced-Based Practice (i.e., CBT for Trauma Therapy, etc.)
~ Behavioral and Social Sciences related to mental health counseling practice
~ Patient/Client Communication
~ Record Keeping
~ Matters related to Law and/or Ethics
- LMHC's need to have 36 continuing education contact hours for every 3 year re-registration process in order to maintain their licenses.
- Students, new grads, and those counselors who are in their first licensure 3-year registration period are NOT required to have the 36 contact hours.
- Convention workshops that comply with the state regulations will be noted in your convention booklet. Each regular workshop will provide 1 continuing education contact hour.
- CEU workshop presenters will give you a printed quiz that you can take during or after the presentation.
- Once you have attended the CEU workshop you will need to sign onto the NYMHCA Learning Academy (NYMHCALearningAcademy.com) to take the online version of the quiz and receive your certificate of completion. You do not have to do this immediately after the workshop or the convention. You will have plenty of time to complete the process after the convention. The deadline will be noted on the Learning Academy site. You will receive complete printed instructions on how to receive your contact hours in your registration material at the convention!
- There will be no additional charge for CEU's. Your convention registration covers them.
- Those counselors who need to earn contact hours to maintain their national certifications can request a form at the registration desk at the convention.